Saatchi Art offers artists the ability to sell Open Edition prints of their original products via our 3rd party printing service. Available in various sizes, framing options, and materials to suit every style, space, and budget, our curated offering of fine art prints provides art lovers a customizable and affordable way to collect art that’s ready to hang as soon as it arrives on your customer's doorstep.
Making Prints for Sale
Step 1: Make Prints Available for Sale
When publishing and making your artwork available for sale in Studio, we give you the option to make prints available for sale, too! For previously uploaded artworks, you can always visit the artwork overview page in Studio and click the 'Add Prints for Sale' button to begin the process.
Once on that page, simply select the 'For Sale' button.
Step 2: Choosing Open Edition vs. Limited Edition
Once you decide to make Prints available for sale, you can either create an Open Edition or Limited Edition print product.
Open Edition prints have a fixed price range but offer more material options to sell, making them more widely accessible to collectors on Saatchi Art. Limited Edition prints give you more flexibility in terms of setting prices but are only limited to fine art paper and photo paper materials and a single frame style of your choice.
Most artists opt to select Open Edition prints to try to maximize their sales opportunities.
Simply select the type of Edition you want to make available for sale.
Step 3: Confirm the Print Image Area
We use the primary image file from your original artwork to actually make the collector's print product. We read the dimensions of that image and determine the aspect ratio that best fits the print dimensions available. At this step, you can crop the area you want made available to print. We currently do not support changing aspect ratios or orientations. Note: it is imperative that you provide the highest resolution image possible when uploading the original artwork. This will maximize the print sizes you can sell for a particular artwork as well.
You can determine aspect ratios by dividing image's width by its height. The following is a list of aspect Ratios we support:
|Print Sizes (inches)
|1 : 1
|10x10, 14x14, 16x16, 20x20, 24x24, 30x30, 36x36
|4 : 5
|8x10, 12x15, 16x20, 20x25, 24x30, 32x40, 38x48
|11 : 14
|10 : 13
|3 : 4
|9x12, 12x16, 15x20, 18x24, 24x32, 30x40
|2 : 3
|14x21, 16x24, 20x30, 24x36, 30x45, 32x48
|1 : 2
|6x12, 10x20, 12x24, 16x32, 18x36, 20x40, 24x48
|1 : 3
*Note: not all sizes are available for all print materials and frames.
Step 4: Select Materials
We offer up to five different materials for Open Edition prints:
- Fine Art Paper: Our fine art paper prints are giclée reproductions on natural white archival quality European paper made especially for Saatchi Art. Paper prints have a soft color fidelity and a slightly textured surface similar to watercolor paper, providing exceptional detail and clarity. Each fine art paper print includes a 3-inch white paper border.
- Photo Paper: From photography to mixed media, Saatchi Art offers photo prints of various mediums, styles, and subjects. Reproduced on smooth white paper, made exclusively for Saatchi Art, our photo prints feature sharp color fidelity and a satin luster finish. Optional framing is available for many photo prints, so your work will arrive ready to hang.
- Canvas: Canvas prints are a great alternative to purchasing an original painting. Our canvas prints are museum-quality giclée reproductions created using an advanced inkjet printing process specially designed to capture the look of painted pigments. The artwork is professionally printed and wrapped in matte bright white or black canvas, then expertly affixed to hand-cut, eco-friendly wooden stretcher bars.
- Acrylic: Featuring vibrant, saturated colors and a sleek contemporary look, acrylic art prints offer a high-impact, one-of-a-kind look to any interior. Face-mounted to durable plexiglass and printed with archival pigmented inks, the reflective surface enhances the clarity and creates a three-dimensional effect, giving the artwork a sense of depth and vivid detail.
- Metal: Perfect for interiors ranging from modern to rustic, metal art prints offer a sleek contemporary look for any space. The state-of-the-art coating infuses artwork directly to the aluminum, resulting in a unique sheen and luminosity that make the colors pop among other artworks and home decor.
The number of materials you are able to sell depends on the aspect ratio and file resolution you provided. For instance, we only offer a limited selection of sizes for acrylic and metal prints compared to fine art paper and photo paper prints.
Step 5: Select Sizes, Quantity & Prices
For Open Edition prints:
- We only allow the artist to determine the price they want to set for their prints, as shown by each material you selected (see image below). You can use the price slider to adjust the prices, which are dynamically reflected in the table below it.
- Sizes are determined by the file resolution. Our standards require 150dpi, meaning that 150pixels = 1 inch. For example, a square image that is 1500 x 1500 pixels means the maximum print size you can offer would be 10 x 10 inches. If the image was 4500 x 4500 pixels, the maximum print size would be 30 x 30 inches, etc.